The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

It's been awhile hasn't it? You though I forgot didn't you!? Nope. I remember the Percy Jackson Marathon. Here is the next book up. The second in the Percy Jackson & The Olympians Series.

Instantly Percy is in one of his all to real dreams that are not really dreams they are actually happening. Grover is the center of the dream and he is running trying to get away from something... in a wedding dress. That's pretty awkward for Percy to see Grover like that. Especially since he's a boy! There's just a glimpse of what he is doing then. There is more throughout the book but right now Percy is waking up to a start. Not only that he actually sees a shadow through his window and then it just vanishes. He goes and gets breakfast. No I'm not going to recant the whole book. It's just I wanted to post a really wonderful quote.
My mom made blue waffles and blue eggs for breakfast. She's funny that way, celebrating special occasions with blue food. I think it's her way of saying anything is possible. Percy can pass seventh grade. Waffles can be blue. Little miracles like that.
Didn't that just make you smile? There celebrating him being actually able to graduate a whole year of a grade! Well that's what they think. His mom is acting weird in the morning. She doesn't want to tell him something. He might not be able to go to camp? There's something wrong. He couldn't not go to camp. It's the safest place for demigods like him or is it? (To many question marks I know. I'll try to stop sounding... I don't know weird.)
Percy has a new friend named Tyson this year. A more than six foot tall boy who cries a lot. He was the school's project. See he's homeless so I guess they thought they could help him out but all the other students keep harassing him because he isn't as mean or scary as they thought he would have been. There are some pretty mean looking exchange students well visitors. He plays dodgeball and finds out pretty soon they aren't human. There monsters that Annabeth nicknames Canadians. Annabeth? Yeah Annabeth. She come in to help Percy but it's not like Tyson needed the help. He was throwing flaming cannonball type things at the monsters. Annabeth does not like Tyson. Percy is pretty irritated at the way she's acting. They hitch a ride with the grey sisters learning an important thing that I won't give away and get to camp and need to help save it because Thalia's tree is dying. Someone poisoned it. Tyson helps save Percy. He crosses the border with a little help from Annabeth. Percy isn't going to thank her for that later.

Chiron is leaving to Florida! Yeah! Florida not that he's leaving. Everyone thinks he poisoned the tree for some unknown reason. There is someone new to take his place, Tantalus, who can't eat or drink anything. He has a bitter attitude like Mr. D. He's pretty entertaining. You also meet Beckendorf, a blacksmith who's father is Hephaestus, Silena a nice girl from the Aphrodite cabin, and the Stoll brothers now in charge of the Hermes cabin. Btw the name of one of the Stoll brothers is in the acknowledgements. Didn't notice that until I read The Lightning Thief the last time. Oh yeah. Tyson is different. You'll know when you read it. I would go into more of the story but again I don't want to ruin anything. I think I went on too much with the other Percy Jackson review so I'll keep this to a minimum. Just so you know your going to love this one! It's a great second book. I'll be posting the Highlight soon so stay tuned!

Comments

back to top