Library Saturday #2

Second edition of Library Saturday coming your way! This time I'll put more info into them.

Not my cover but I like this one better. They both have their eyes closed. I wonder why.

"Marley has lived in Heaven since she was two years old, when her mother found a postcard postmarked HEAVEN, OH on a park bench and decided that was where she wanted to raise her family.
And for twelve years, Marley's hometown has lived up to it's name. She lives in a house by the river, has loving parents, a funny younger brother, good friends, and receives frequent letters from her mysterious Uncle Jack. Then one day a letter arrives from Alabama, and Marley's life is turned upside down. Marley doesn't even know who she is anymore -- but where can she go for answers, when she's been deceived by the very people she should be able to trust the most?" (Goodreads)

It's a pretty short book so it should be easy to read. I already think I know what's going to happen.
Yes I know. Weird title. But I like to read a lot of different children's books which seems to be the theme of this Saturday. Well mostly.

"Tobin Mccauley's got a near-certifiable grandmother, a pack of juvenile-delinquent siblings, and a dad who's not going to win father of the year anytime soon. To top it off, Tobin's only friend truly believes that the study of chickens will reveal...the meaning of life? Getting through seventh grade isn't easy for anyone, son, but when the first day of school starts out with your granny's arrest, you know you've got real problems. Throw on five-day suspension (for defending your English teacher's honor), a chicken that lays green eggs, and a family feud that's tearing everyone to pieces, and you're in for one hack of a ride" (Goodreads)


It sounds like a cute read. We'll enjoy this one.
Loved this book in elementary but I can't even remember it! So I must read it again I do remeber loving it so it should be good.

"When little Oliver Smith inherits the gloomy mansion Helton Hall, his scheming cousins, the Snodde-Brittles, are determined to rid themselves of the orphan heir. They have a perfect plan. They will hire some terrifying ghosts from the Dial-a-Ghost Agency to scare the boy to death. But, as in any Eva Ibbotson novel, the fantastic creatures do not necessarily behave as expected-they are a little too human for that. Soon the ghosts, led by a mysterious girl spirit named Adopta, have joined with Oliver against his cousins. But they may have underestimated the depths of the Snodde-Brittles' evil..." (Goodreads)

Wow I don't remember this book. It's like a new read all together.
Yes I did get another Ibbotson book. Haven't read this one before. I kind of went crazy one day and got a bunch of her books. So there should be more to come so be warned.

"Arriman the Awful, feared Wizard of the North, has decided to marry. But his wife must be a witch of the darkest powers...

A sorcery competition is held to discover which witch is the most potent and fiendish, and glamorous Madame Olympia conjures up a thousand plague-bearing Belladonna, the white witch, desperately wants to be a wicked enchantress, but her magic produces flowers instead of snakes. How can she become more devilish than all the other witches." (Goodreads)

Hmm... did not read the summary before. As a girl I have to say girls that boy or man better be chasing you not the other way around. That aside it's a kids book and I'll have fun with it.
Saw this on Goodreads the other day and wanted to read it. Like the plot. And I actually like reading sports books. And thought I should read more of them. There are like no other ones so when it was available at my library I needed to get it.

"Star quarterback Bobby Framingham, one of the most talented high school football players in California, knows he's different from his teammates. They're like brothers, but they don't know one essential thing: Bobby is gay. Can he still be one of the guys and be honest about who he is? When he's outed against his will by a student reporter, Bobby must find a way to earn back his teammates trust and accept that his path to success might be more public, and more difficult, than he'd hoped." (Goodreads)

I think last year was my first time reading a LGBT book so it's about time I read another one.  Random title name.
Now on to my last one. I can't remember why I wanted it. The summary is really minimal and tells you little too. So there goes that sneak peek but I'll put it here anyways.

"Train.
Car. 
Plane.
Boat.
Feet.
He'll Get There.
Won't He?
(Jacket flap)

Yeah. All I got was there will be a journey. But I still really want to read it. Love the cover!

Comments

back to top