Sleepless by Cyn Balog

One word. Sandman. I was hooked when I saw that word. But I'll let you know a little more about it so you can be crazy hooked. Eron DeMarchelle died almost one hundred years ago in a milling accident. He is exactly as he was when he was human. A shy, sweet, dashing gentleman. He is finally able to turn back human to finish his "unfinished business" which he has no idea what it is. The deal was that he would spend a hundred years as a Sleepbringer and then get back to his life. He was able to have one of his charges his "beloved." Julia took her place after she died. He cares for her and would do anything to protect her.

Julia has always had people walking on egg shells when they were around her. At seven she had something happen to her. Something that left three marks on her cheek that she has always been self conscience of so when Griffin albeit not the nicest boyfriend ever accepts her she is happy. But then he dies. She doesn't show anything like he taught her. She doesn't even really know what she feels. And then there's Bret his best friend and he's like Griffin's twin. He starts acting weird as soon as Griffin dies. And so does her dreams.

I read this one slow on account of it was a group read that I suggested may I add. So the drama felt was even more because I had to wait. And I don't know how but the pages I had to read would always end perfectly with a cliffhanger. Duh duh duh! moments. Griffin was such a mystery to me. I had no idea if he cared about Julia or anything really. I still don't know if he cares about her. It was really weird but in a good way.

I HEART Eron. He's the type of guy that holds your door out for you and you just stare at in class dreamily. He basically made the book. I tried to picture him and the way he talked with the way he was described and my brain was all in a jumble. He's supposed to be this handsome Italian born guy who talks ridiculously proper. I just can't fathom it. Bret, Griffin's best friend, was an interesting mix to the plot. He kept me on my toes. Chimere, an Original, also provided me with questions to her character. Mostly who she liked and what was her deal? I seriously liked this book. It was well worth all that waiting.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. How do you know they're not going to get it on?
"Get it...?" I begin but shake my head. -LOLOL!

Don't forget me, he seemed to say. You belong to me.

Comments

  1. This book sounds really interesting! I hadn't heard of it until reading this post. I'm definitely going to be adding this to my TBR pile! Great review!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's sooo good! I'm sure you'll like it (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top