A Grimm Review: Tales from the Hood


Grimm Characters

Sabrina gets a little bit into the pain category but not really because if I was her I would have done the same thing. I would be trying to protect my family from the Wolf. I would have not however boldfaced lied to my sister. She deserves what she got but I still worry about it.
-Sabrina Grimm


Daphne is acting like Sabrina throughout this book. Sabrina thought it was mocking but she got her attitude adjusted fast because it was because she looked up to her. She was betrayed. Will she ever be able to forgive her sister?
-Daphne Grimm

Granny continues to defend Mr. Canis all the way. I thought she was going to faint when they declared him guilty. She was right in the end.
-Granny Relda Grimm
Tobias Clay. Nice name Mr. Canis but why did you have to leave! I'll miss you. I'm sure we'll be seeing him soon. I wonder if he was married or had children. That's a really big deal.
-Mr. Canis


Elvis why aren't you there every second of every day! So mad at you.
-Elvis





I knew Charming was a good guy all along. Obviously he was being all evil so he could save Snow. I forgot that it was Bluebeard that was what the would be cause of Snow's death.
-Mayor William Charming



Mirror has been helping Sabrina find ways to save her parents. He can't do anything without keys so she's been swiping her grandmother's and has been copying them slowly. Puck is awed by her when she admits it.  Sabrina and her grandmother go to him all the time to see her parents.
-Mirror


Puck actually has good morals. Congratulations. He warns Sabrina but does she listen? Nope. Love the Orc he hired. Adorable. Barto. Ha!
-Puck




Snow forgives Granny. And all is right with the world. Bluebeard was terrifying. I didn't   know that he did all that. Killed 50 wives and stored them What in the...!!! She got away and she got her Prince Charming to thank.
 -Snow White


Uncle Jake is weary looking for Goldilocks. They finally find her but she says no. But in the end she changes her mind. Finally! Their parents will be awaken! Hip Hip Hooray! That took only eight books.






Grimm Recipes

A Czech Republic Meal
She flipped something that looked like a pink burrito onto Sabrina's plate.
"What is this?" Sabrina asked as she poked her breakfast.
:It's gristle and ham wrapped around heavy whipping cream.
People love this in the Czech Republic," Granny said as she rushed back into the kitchen.
"People must be very unhappy in the Czech Republic if this is what they love to eat," Sabrina said.

Baked Chicken
Someone had left a tray with baked chicken in a gravy that smelled like pureed crayons and blueberries.

Lunch for Some Pigs
"Perhaps the two of you might be interested in helping us," Granny said as she entered the dining room with a plate full of roast beef sandwiches, along with sauerkraut, pickles, baked beans, and egg salad. Sabrina couldn't believe how normal the lunch was. She was going to have to invite people in more often.

Grimm Books

Through the Looking-Glass
Children's and Household Tales
Fodor's Guide to Oz
Frommer's Lilliput
Lonely Planet's Narnia
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Narnia
Facing the Fangs: One Man's Journey into the Jaws of Death

Thank goodness they went to a library because I missed all the different type of book titles.

Magical Items

Traveler's Chest
The North Wind

A Grimm Dictionary

Nonferrous
"Nonferrous is a metal containing little or no iron," she announced.
Sabrina grabbed the dictionary. "What's this?"
"What does it look like?" Daphne said, rolling her eyes.

Postponement
"Daphne, postponement means that they want more time before the trial begins."
Daphne scowled and put her dictionary away. "I don't need your help."

Discrepancy
Daphne took out her pocket dictionary. That she didn't just ask Sabrina was infuriating. I was easy enough to tell her sister that discrepancy was another word for contradiction, but the little girl didn't seem to want Sabrina's help anymore. It hurt her to feel that "grown-up" Daphne no longer needed her.

Imprecise
"What does imprecise mean?" Daphne snapped.
"It means not exact," Sabrina said.
Daphne scowled.

Manifest
"What does the word mani...mani...fest mean?"
"You mean manifest. It's a list of items that are shipped on a train, truck, whatever," Granny explained.

Daphne's Favorite Word

Whammy!

A little late in the game to have a favorite word but I'm still happy to have it.

Grimm Moments

Puck's face turned green as if he was about to be sick. "Look at all the learning," he moaned. "I'm going to lose my lunch."

"You should have seen it, kid. We were like three fat little ninjas. Hamstead swooped down on a rope. Boarman smacked him with a shovel. I gunned the engine. It was a big day for pigs everywhere."

Favorite Grimm Moments

Puck saying Sabrina doesn't need makeup which he is basically saying she's pretty.
"By the way," Puck said softly. It had been an hour since he had last spoken and she was startled to hear him still awake. "You don't need the makeup."

The Wolf telling the Scarlet Hand members off.

Canis looked out at the crowd and laughed.
"What's so funny, mongrel?" Heart shouted.
"Look at all the monsters," he said.

Daphne telling her sister off.

"I wasn't making fun of you, Sabrina. I was trying to be more like you. You're my role model," Daphne said. "I was dressing like you and wearing my hair like yours 'cause I was trying to grow up a little. I wanted to be more like my sister. But not anymore."

 Have A Very Grimm Week!

"We're Grimms, this is what we do."

Comments

  1. I LOVE the "Sisters Grimm" series!
    This is a GREAT blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!!! You are great too (;
    I miss the sisters...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top