Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

The last time we left Clara she discovered that Christian didn't need saving because he's an angel himself. They haven't really talked about it. The unspoken what do we do now? Did they fail their purpose by her saving Tucker? But she wouldn't have it any other way. She doesn't care if she's destined to be with Christian. What does it matter who she falls in love with anyway? She belongs to Tucker.

This time her vision shows her that she's going to be going to a funeral. For whom she doesn't know. What I don't understand is how this vision can be a purpose. It's just a vision. How is it a purpose if she's going to a funeral? The mystery of the person who is going to die kind of ate me up inside because there were two people I thought it could be and I was right. Around half way through is when you find out. I cried a lot because of this. It was ridiculous but throughout I was also hating on Clara. She wasn't paying attention to her brother. I wanted to shake her and yell at her to pay attention to your brother! He's an important part of the plot! And he is.

Christian is always hanging around her. Talking in her head. He wants to be with her. He wants to be able to talk to her so casually like she does with Tucker. This has to be the greatest love triangle ever because you love them both so much. You can't choose much less her. Christian irritated me towards the end though. He wanted to be with her and it was like he was doing what he was supposed to do. It was fate. It wasn't like he loved her for her or even liked her for her. Well that's the way he came off. She's supposed to be with me type thing. The end leaves you with much to desire. She's going off to college now and she's a different person now in more ways than one. I actually have to wait till the start of next year to read the next book. I hate being denied by a book...

Comments

  1. It is always so hard to wait for a book! This one sounds like a good one./ :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top