Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Release Date: October 17th 2012
Sam Cruz is the ultimate player. He just puts on his charm and girls go flocking. He has never been into attachment and relationships. He doesn't understand how girls don't get the concept of just sex. Why ruin it with a relationship?

Sam's best friend Ally has just been dumped on her birthday! I might add by her geeky earth loving activist boyfriend. If she were more like guys she wouldn't have to have all this pain. That's when she decides that she's just going to use guys just like Sam uses girls. Sam decides that he will help his best friend. It's the perfect situation. He will finally prove that his way of life is better and he gets to boost his friend's self-esteem. But what happens when Ally really turns into this really beautiful girl, someone he would usually go out with? And not only that but her personality with his make them connect as friends. What has he gotten himself into...

This book has got me comparing it to The DUFF. Same concept. The thing with this book is it is way racier. Just talking about sex and parts like it's part of casual conversation. Lots of talk of innuendos too. It was a little too much for me. But I knew what I was getting into when reading this book and that didn't stop me from really liking the story and characters.

I feel like I always side with the guys in the story. But this time I had fault with Sam too. First Ally, she was all transformed and beautiful and then she started acting like a real witch if you know what I mean. I mean he's your friend and all he does is want to just hang out with you sometime like you used to. But no... Everything's about sex now. Now Sam, I'm proud that I finally can defend a woman in a story, was the charming-every-woman-likes-him type of guy. And everybody likes the bad guy so I of course didn't mind his ways. It's part of the story anyways. But then towards the end he started being a real jerk to Ally. Ally was kind of being a pain too but Sam was denying a big thing and I just couldn't stand him for a while there.

I loved the way they talked around each other. Even before everything started you knew they were perfect together. They've always known each other. Sam made her a birthday hat that she has to wear to get presents and he has this album of every birthday she's had. It's all so adorable. And that right there is why I wanted to read this book and why I loved it in the end. I love the player falling for his non assuming friend. And I love how she is really this fun and witty person but also this girl who can turn heads and she made him take notice. It might be about sex but it's also about friendship, love, and it's pretty hilarious too. Well done Darling on your first book.

Comments

  1. This is my first time hearing of this one. It does sound like a book that will keep you turning the pages. Interesting concept!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top