Bout of Books 11.0 Sign Up and Reading Goals


Bout of Books 11.0 is drawing near and you know what that means.... READ-A-THON! I haven't read a book in a week... a whole WEEK! Fall Semester is starting the day after this read-a-thon ends so I figured I'd go crazy this week with reading and preparing reviews.

This actually came at the perfect time. If you haven't noticed I haven't been on the blog for a consistent amount of time this month... well all Summer really. I usually am pretty consistent on the blog when I'm avoiding doings things during school. I can't do that this semester so I might as well get some reviews scheduled while I have the time. I've been reading and blogging so little this should help motivate me. For this read-a-thon I'm trying something new that I want to implement in my everyday reading. 

I'm deciding the books I'll read next with a TBR Jar!


This jar was originally given to me for a group assignment so it has my name on it. My name's Adriana not Adrian (of course my picture was taken at a faulty angle) for those of you who don't know. I plan on adding a new sticker in about whatever time it takes me to remember to go to a crafts store or I might just keep my name on it because I'm too lazy to change it.

It doesn't look like it but I have at least 15 book titles in the jar. The jar is comprised of mostly library books I have yet to read with about 1 of my own books. 

The first book I'm reading I didn't pick out from my jar. It's due tomorrow and since I volunteer at the library starting at 10 am I have to read it by then. Late night reading here I come! It's a sequel I've been needing to read for a while called City of Lies by Lian Tanner.


Bout of Book 11.0 runs from August 18th to August 24th. My plan is to see how many hours of reading I can get through as well as the amount of books and pages. Mostly though, I want to be able to say I read 18 to 24 hours in total. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Although, I've never really paid attention to how long I read so maybe this is challenging and I just don't realize it.

Each day I'll be posting about 2 updates on either a challenge or how I am doing reading wise. I want to try to participate and comment as much as I can because I've been so bad (I'm feeling pretty guilty about it) at commenting lately.  

So here's to a week of reading, blogging, and commenting. Good luck to those participating in this read-a-thon. I'd love to know if you are participating and what are your goals and TBR list looks like. 

Good Luck!

Comments

back to top