#FitReaders: April 24th, 2015 Check-In


#FitReaders: It's been three weeks since my last check-in. I've realized some things which have been interesting to explore. First of all, I need to eat more. I've lost weight which isn't good for me unless it includes me eating more healthily. I know that doesn't quite make sense but, I've been exploring veganism. I know my parents would never want me to stop eating meat and I'm quite a meat eater so I don't know if I would ever fully be able to. But, I'm planning to add more grains, fruits, and vegetables to my lifestyle and maybe one day I'll try to be vegan. I've been looking at it more and more and it's just something that I think would be best for me. I don't know if my body would respond well to being vegan so I always have to think of that. It's not like I'm going to be vegan right away anyways, I've just been thinking a lot about this. So what does this have to do with eating more? Well I've found out that vegans eat way more calories than is recommended and as long as they exercise a regular amount they can maintain their weight after some adjustment to their new diet. I eat way less than I'm recommended which is a problem. I don't like eating a lot of food at all. I've always been like this. I've always eaten three meals a day so nothing to worry about but, I just don't eat enough. I could see me gaining weight eating more fruit or drinking smoothies easily. That's where being vegan has come from. I also, want to loosely track my calories so I know I'm eating enough until I get into a routine. I'm planning on changing my breakfast routine first and then my lunch and dinner routine. If anyone is vegan or has any healthy breakfast/smoothie recipes I would love to know what you think. 

Walk/Run:
1.87 miles in 30 minutes
1.89 miles in 30 minutes

Walking:
2 hours 20 minutes

Workout Videos:

Workouts:
Wall push-ups - 40
Tricep dips - 30
Squats - 30

Water Intake:
608 oz of water


How did you do this week?

Comments

  1. I still just do sit-ups, leg-raises, sideway leg-raises and the plank xD
    I also go rollerskating! (But mostly because it's fun :D) And I try to remember to go swimming a lot more, because I actually like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and keep it up, you're doing so awesome great :D

      Delete
    2. I actually like swimming too, but the weather is still not right for the beach or pool. I still hardly go swimming for some reason even though I love it.
      I could never rollerskate! I tried once and completely failed. I don't like trying to figure out my balance with things like that. I don't have any patience :P
      Thanks, you are doing amazing as well!

      Delete
  2. Adriana, have you tried going vegan one day a week to see if you like it? I eat meat as well, but I don't like to eat a lot of it. I try to go veggie one or two days a week. I tend to eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables anyway, so it's not that much of a deal if I don't eat meat 1-2 days. Also, since you'll still be working out make sure you get some source of protein in your diet even if not from meat. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a brilliant idea. I would have to talk with my parents, but I don't think they would mind one day. Actually, I've noticed basically all fruit and vegetables have protein. Maybe not as much as meat but I do understand I should eat at least one thing high in protein. Thank you for the great idea!

      Delete
  3. Also, I love making non-dairy smoothies. This is where almond or cashew milk is your friend. I love the cashew milk from Silk, so creamy! I'll usually put 1 cup of almond or cashew milk in the blender with some chia seeds and frozen fruit (usually berries, sliced frozen banana or pineapple). If I want it to be a protein smoothie, I add a scoop of protein powder. I'd be interested to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've switched from drinking dairy milk with chocolate every morning (I've had chocolate milk almost every morning of my life) to almond milk. It's really sweet so I have it with cereal and sometimes oatmeal as well. I like your smoothie idea. I'm thinking banana, mango plus spinach blend. Protein powder is another great idea. My brother used to take vanilla protein powder to gain weight. I'll definitely let you know what I come up with. Thanks so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top