Bout of Books 15: Would You Rather


The first day of Bout of Books I got to read one book - Your Voice is All I Hear. It's not as much as I was hoping for but I'm still one book closer to my goal of ten books.

I'm currently reading Almost Home which I decided to read after a fellow blogger reviewed it awhile back. I also love Joan Bauer books too. 

Currently Reading

When twelve-year-old Sugar's grandfather dies and her gambling father takes off yet again, Sugar and her mother lose their home in Missouri. They head to Chicago for a fresh start, only to discover that fresh starts aren't so easy to come by for the homeless. Nevertheless, Sugar's mother has taught her to be grateful no matter what, so Sugar does her best. With the help of a rescue dog, Shush; a foster family; a supportive teacher; a love of poetry; and her own grace and good humor, Sugar comes to understand that while she can't control the hand life deals her, she can control how she responds.

Would You Rather

Would You Rather is a challenge hosted at Writing My Own Fairytale.

Would you rather:
Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?

Although in real life I would never although either of these two near my books I rather have my pages dog-eared than have Cheeto dust all over my books.

Would you rather:
Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?

I'll never get another chance to meet an actual character in real life so that one's obvious for me.

Would you rather:
Never be allowed in a bookstore again or never be allowed in a library again?

This is cruel... I would rather never be allowed in a bookstore again just because the library is my world. I have so many books checked out now and I couldn't check out any if I wasn't allowed in.

Would you rather:
Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?

Well, rude. I'd honestly rather a character die than to have one of my favorite couples break up in their book. I'm too much of a romantic which is hard to say since I'm allowing a character to die for a couple's behalf.

Would you rather:
Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?

I have no problem reading any of these once a year. I'd guess I would read Twilight since it's more contemporary than classic and easier to decipher.

What books are you currently reading or have finished for Bout of Books?
What's the worst would you rather scenario you can think of?

Comments

  1. I definitely agree with wanting to meet a character. Also I'd choose not being allowed into a bookstore over a library too. I don't know what I'd do if I could't go back into the library ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the library is one place I'm usually at more than once a month.

      Delete
  2. Oh how fun! I'd say never allowed in a bookstore as well because ummm...I'm a librarian. haha AND libraries equal free books. Plus, they never said you couldn't use online bookstores right? ;)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that would definitely be a problem if you weren't allowed in a library. I was thinking the same thing about bookstores. I only really need the internet.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to read a Joan Bauer book. What am I waiting for? I enjoyed the Would You Rather challenge, even if it was evil! I just know that I would NEVER allow Cheeto dust near my books. I also chose a favorite character to die over one of my favorite ships breaking up! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top