Searching Saturday: Water on the Cover



This honestly took way longer to do than I thought it would. Searching Saturday is challenging you to find new-to-you books every week depending on the theme. Apparently, I know a lot of water based books because all the one's I could find on Goodreads before I found these were one's I've seen before/know of. I decided to participate because I like scavenger hunts and discovering new books. 


_______________________________________________________________________

Lose Me by M.C. Frank

"Today is not the day I die."

Ari Demos starts every day with this thought. Fresh out of high school, she's landed a coveted role as a stunt double in a new Pride and Prejudice adaptation starring the Hollywood phenomenon Weston Spencer. But this job isn't going to be easy: Ari will be performing complicated water stunts and driving fast cars along the narrow cliffs of Corfu. One false step and she could lose not only her job, but her life.


And then Wes Spencer, Mr Darcy himself, arrives in Greece. He's got dirty blonde hair, a mile-long yacht and a bored look on that gorgeous face. Ari wants nothing to do with the rich actor boy, but on the day she meets him, she has an accident. One that almost claims her life. And now she can't hide from the truth any longer:She might be much closer to losing everything than she thought. She might be dying. And the British actor is the last person she'd expect to save her life.


She's a hard-working island girl. He's adored by millions. Falling in love was never supposed to be a part of the job. Staying alive was never supposed to be a part of growing up.


Was this story ever meant for a happily ever after?
_______________________________________________________________________

It had been a while searching for books so I decided to go on NetGalley I believe and found this. Absolutely love the cover. I'm very curious about her possible illness although the whole actor thing doesn't appeal to me for some reason.


Trusting & Other Lies 
by Nicole Williams

Phoenix can't imagine anything worse than being shipped off to family summer camp. Her parents have been fighting for the past two years--do they seriously think being crammed in a cabin with Phoenix and her little brother, Harry, will make things better?

On top of that, Phoenix is stuck training with Callum--the head counselor who is seriously cute but a complete know-it-all. His hot-cold attitude means he's impossible to figure out--and even harder to rely on. But despite her better judgment, Phoenix is attracted to Callum. And he's promising Phoenix a summer she'll never forget. Can she trust him? Or is this just another lie?

_______________________________________________________________________

This is the second book I found on NetGalley. I don't really like the premise since the guy is the hot and cold attitude. I'm tired of those guys in books. 


Alex, Approximately 
by Jenn Bennett


The one guy Bailey Rydell can’t stand is actually the boy of her dreams—she just doesn’t know it yet.

Classic movie fan Bailey “Mink” Rydell has spent months crushing on a witty film geek she only knows online as Alex. Two coasts separate the teens until Bailey moves in with her dad, who lives in the same California surfing town as her online crush.

Faced with doubts (what if he’s a creep in real life—or worse?), Bailey doesn’t tell Alex she’s moved to his hometown. Or that she’s landed a job at the local tourist-trap museum. Or that she’s being heckled daily by the irritatingly hot museum security guard, Porter Roth—a.k.a. her new archnemesis. But life is whole lot messier than the movies, especially when Bailey discovers that tricky fine line between hate, love, and whatever it is she’s starting to feel for Porter.

And as the summer months go by, Bailey must choose whether to cling to a dreamy online fantasy in Alex or take a risk on an imperfect reality with Porter. The choice is both simpler and more complicated than she realizes, because Porter Roth is hiding a secret of his own: Porter is Alex…Approximately.
_______________________________________________________________________

I actually TBR'd this book before I went on my search. I look over on the left in my Goodreads and shake my head. This is the one book I really want to read. I love everything about it and expect great things. The cover makes me excited for summer.


Changes in Latitudes
by Jen Malone


A "road" trip romance that takes place at sea!

All Cassie wants is to get some solid ground under her feet following the shock of her parents' divorce. So when she learns of her mom's plans to take Cassie and her brother, Drew, on a four-month sailing trip from Oregon to Mexico, she's stunned. There is absolutely nothing solid about the Pacific Ocean. 

Cassie is furious. And nervous. It's been hard enough keeping Drew sheltered from what Cassie knows about her mother's role in breaking their family apart, but living in such close quarters threatens to push her anger past its tipping point. Enter Jonah, a whip-smart deckhand who's as gorgeous as he is flirtatious. Cassie tries to keep him at a distance, but the more time they spend together--wandering San Francisco, riding beachside roller coasters, and exploring the California coastline--the harder it is to fight the attraction. 

​Cassie wants to let herself go, but her parents' split has left her feeling adrift in a sea of questions she can't even begin to answer. Can she forgive her mom? Will home ever feel the same? Should she take a chance on Jonah? With life's unpredictable tides working against her, Cassie must decide whether to swim against them... or dive right in.

_______________________________________________________________________

I just saw this before I was going to make this post. Sarah wrote a review on it. I like the imagery. I don't know about the living on a sailing trip part. I've noticed if I haven't read something similar to it before it's usually a no. 


Have you read or heard of any of these books?
What books with water on the cover have you enjoyed?

Comments

  1. Water is a popular cover theme haha. The only one of these I've heard of is Alex, Approximately.

    The most recent book with water I've enjoyed is Lady Midnight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like that cover for Changes in Latitudes, but I like Alex Approximately a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a neat challenge. Bennett's book looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these- but it sounds like a fun theme.

    Half a Chance by Cynthia Lord is an MG book with water on the cover. :)

    Happy reading!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top