5 Romantic Reads on Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Today is a day for love and as a hopeless romantic I have read my share of romance books. Here are five of them you can enjoy today in between spending time with loved ones:



I Wish for You has the most perfectly pink cover that will have you laughing and falling in love. This is a magical story with a jinn (a.k.a. a genie) who helps the main character, begrudgingly, with a revenge plot. Ally is passionate and funny while Arthur is very proper with a sweet side to him. I Wish for You has wonderful writing, hilarious moments, and romance that will sweep you off your feet.



What's a romance list without adding a Sarah Dessen book right? Although, the first book I read of Sarah Dessen was a bust. Her newer books, Saint Anything and Once and for All, reveals why she is a best seller. Once and for All has a cynic and a serial dater finding out what love really means. Ambrose takes a while to get used to but his differing personality from the brooding bad boy makes him more lovable in the end.



Yes, even kid's books can have a wonderful romance. Kat, Incorrigible is set in a time where you would find a Jane Austen book being told right along side it. And what's more romantic than a Jane Austin book? Well, Kat, Incorrigible has the feel of a modern Jane Austen read where Kat helps her sisters find true love with the help of a little magic of course.



How can you not fall in love when dogs are involved? Morgan Matson has some serious writing chops. Andie and Clark's friendship to something more is all that you can hope for in a romance book. I distinctly remember how wonderful a certain emotional and loving moment was when I read this book. The Unexpected Everything is a flawless read that will tug at your heartstrings.



I HAD to put the OG of all romance reads Pride and Prejudice on this romantic list. It took me such a long time to read the book - time wasted. Although the wording takes time to get used to and I read faster to get to the Jane and Darcy parts, Pride and Prejudice is a must read for any romance fan. If you are like me and loved the movie or YouTube adaptions but haven't actually read the book; I can safely say that it is worth the read. What are you waiting for?

What are some of your favorite romance reads?

Comments

  1. I've only read one Morgan Matson book, so I need to check out more! Thanks for all these ideas. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Kat, Incorrigible on my list of books to read for years. I just saw it there the other day and reminded myself that I need to get it to read soon. Hope I read it in the next couple months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top